Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Blog: The Reason - The Competition

Wow... my first blog. haha. Well if you know me I like to stay up on technology, particularly cell phones. Weazy (my wife) and I recently went and saw Julie and Julia at the movies which among other things is about a girl who starts a blog. Found it fascinating that people end up searching these out or actually reading them. Then over the last couple of weeks I have seen more and more info on blogs, thus my attempt.

The two other reasons for this blog are:
1. I am proud of my businesses and like to share my interest with others

2. I entered into a competition with 5 (possibly) six other friends and thought this would be an exciting way to share about the contest and the characters (my friends) that are participating.

THE BUSINESSES:
Edmond Hoty Real Estate is a Real Estate Brokerage company that also handles management and development of real estate. We sell both Commercial and Residential Real Estate.

Danny Boys Italian Eatery is an Italian restaurant located in Sandusky, Ohio. The restaurant recently won best Italian Restaurant!

I will post more on the businesses and their activities as I go forward!

THE CONTEST:
We have agreed to enter into a body transformation contest. As we get older and older we have been living more and more in the past rather than being proud of who we are today (physically that is). So he goes the contest:
1. Percentage of weight loss
2. Percentage of body fat loss
3. Who can rep 185 lbs on the bench the most
4. An all out 1.5 mile race (sharpen your elbows)
5. Overall body improvement.

Official weigh in and pictures are Monday August 31 with the competition starting on September 1st and going for 90 days. That's ending on November 30 (yes after Thanks Giving). This is a no holds bar competition where anything goes.

Being the wise one I thought, I decided to pack on the pounds as I am lightest of the group (I think). However, that has taken a toll. I never thought I would get to a point where I didn't look forward to my next meal or want to eat healthy... boy was I wrong. I have gained approximately 10 lbs in a week and I am ready to start this contest. I don't think I can wait until Monday for final weigh in.
Here our my competitors:
Quiet Brian
Big Daddy Mac
Focus Factor Brian
Tim the Tool Man
Dr. Mind Bender
and me "Papou" I wanted my other nickname but they vetoed it.

I am not sure I am ready to post the pictures of me in my current shape, however after some transformation I will post before and after pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Way to Go Ed! I think your body is already perfect...but I am behind you 100%...unless your competitors pay me to feed you fatty food for dinner! HAHA
    I love your blog and I am looking forward to reading it everyday!
    Love you bunches...and have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anticipation is great...the participants are heavy with anxiousness to begin (or maybe thats just the food they're eating to help bring their weight up for the weight in)...and the crowd is ready for a good show! Your challenge is exciting Ed; a great way to motivate better fitness and overall better lifestyle. You're going to have to work hard to win though! Q.B. (Quiet Brian...get it?) is ready to give you a run for the money.

    Here's wishing you the best in the challenge! (By the way, I'll have a box of Malley's Chocolate Covered Pretzels and Gummi Bears for you on Tuesday. Lol)

    Q.B.

    ReplyDelete